Allosaurus Figure by Papo
Not your common predator… this is the Allosaurus!
The Allosaurus is considered to be at the top of the food chain of its time, and this mostly because it was nearly as big as the Tyrannosaurus, being upwards of 30 feet in length, and the fact that they hunted in packs, using their combined might to take down other dinosaurs both big and small.
This Allosaurus figure is exquisite in its detail, and is a perfect addition to your already threatening-looking dinosaur toy collection. Here are a few more factoids about the Allosaurus for you to enjoy:
- The Allosaurus used its upper jaw in a hatchet motion on its prey, breaking neck bones in the process.
- Was featured in the famed book The Lost World, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The brain of the Allosaurus has been compared by paleontologists to be most like the modern Crocodile.
- The name Allosaurus means “Different Lizard”.
- A 95% complete skeleton of the Allosaurus was found in Wyoming in 1991.
- Plastic Allosaurus figure
- Durable, sturdy material
- Very detailed in craftsmanship and coloring
- Size approximately ?” x ?”
- Weight approximately ?lbs