Ankylosaurus Figure by Papo
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Feel free to pet its head, but stay away from the tail…
Everyone remembers this lovable guy, and for good reason. The Ankylosaurus is the roaming quadruped from the end of the Cretaceous period, the one fending off enemies with its hammer-like weapon on the end of its tail.
This figure is stunning in its detail and design, and absolutely looks the part of a dinosaur to stay clear of if it were to attack. The Ankylosaurus makes a wonderful addition to your dinosaur collection, and has many interesting facts about it. Here are just a few of them:
- The largest Ankylosaurus is recorded at over 20 feet long, and weighed as much as 4 tons!
- The top of the dinosaur was nearly covered in natural armor, made up of scales and oval plates of bone.
- It has been theorized that its tail was used as an attracting feature for mates as well as combat!
- No full skeleton of the Ankylosaurus has been unearthed as of today even though its first discovery was in 1907!
- The name Ankylosaurus means “Fused Lizard”, and was given to the dinosaur due to its bone structure literally being “fused” together at the joints, which also gave it the possibility of growing the tail club at the end of its body.
- Plastic Ankylosaurus figure
- Durable, sturdy material
- Very detailed in craftsmanship and coloring
- Size approximately 5” x 12” x 7"
- Weight approximately .5 lb