Apatosaurus Dinosaur Figure by Papo
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The gentle giant we all know and love!
Whether it be eating from the tops of trees or sneezing on tree-slumbering children, we all know the Apatosaurus as the kind, gigantic dinosaur that roams the planet feasting on various vegetation.
This figure is crafted with exquisite detail and design, and really provides the impression that the Apatosaurus is getting ready to fend off an attacker (Don’t mess with big dinosaurs…) And makes an absolutely wonderful addition to your dinosaur toy collection.
Here are a few factoids about the Apatosaurus to give you a better picture:
- Apatosaurus was the original name of this dinosaur, but upon confusion when excavating an adult version, the adult version was named “Brontosaurus,” which stuck in popular culture. It’s only recently that the name has since been changed back to Apatosaurus.
- The Apatosaurus could grow up to lengths of 75 feet, and weigh over 23 tons!
- It is estimated that it only took about 10 years for the Apatosaurus to reach its full growth.
- It was first excavated in 1877, and the excavation in 1879 was the fossil dig-up that caused the confusion between the Apatosaurus, and the other named “Brontosaurus,” but it wasn’t until 1903 that it was decreed to be the same species.
- The name Brontosaurus means “Deceptive Lizard.”
- Plastic Apatosaurus figure
- Durable, sturdy material
- Very detailed in craftsmanship and coloring
- Size approximately 16” x 5”
- Weight approximately 1 lb